Monday, February 27

El Fanático Kellen Wilson

Before I came to Mexico, I googled everyone's name who was coming on this trip. I wanted to fund out information on as many people as I could. One name I found was a guy who strongly doesn't like gay people. He was the only guy I found info on, and I assumed he never came on this trip.

I was talking to Samantha yesterday and mentioned his name: Kellen Wilson. She told me that he IS on this trip and that jogged my memory. Today, I researched this guy and found out what a total right-wing bigoted nutjob this guy is! Here is a sampling of his writings that appear in the Daily Utah Chronicle (the University of Utah school paper):

Anything but heterosexuality is a perversion (2/22/06):

...Normal Coitus: the physical union of male and female genitalia (emphasis added). The definition gets more descriptive. You can look it up at www.webster.com. The simple fact is that homosexuality is a sexual perversion. People who participate in sexual perversions are, by definition, perverts. Here's another Webster definition you might find interesting: ?Liberal: lacking moral restraint...

Why do gay people get special treatment? (1/30/06):

Why should we pay people for being gay? Nobody is paying me to be straight! While researching the U before deciding to attend, I noticed that there are scholarships available for homosexuals. The requirement to receive the scholarship is to either be gay or to have "contributed significantly to the gay community."

Am I the only person who can see the discrimination? Why should sexual orientation qualify somebody for a scholarship? Why doesn't the school give out scholarships that are only available to straight people? Not only does the school encourage sexual perversion by offering homosexuals a free education, but now Carrier thinks that we should give gay people a million dollars! And the only qualification they have to be deserving of our money is the fact that they are gay. Why don't I get a million dollars for being straight?

Carrier's concern is that we are sending a bad image of our state to the world. Personally, I don't want to send the message that we are a state full of perverts. Maybe we should use a million dollars for a building that celebrates morality and sexual purity rather than perversion. That is the message that I would like to send to the world.

Season's greetings from Kellen Wilson (12/05/05):

I don't care what the Satan-worshiping ACLU says; I want to wish the whole world a merry Christmas!

Christianity is not compatible with liberalism (11/4/05):

...When we say that Democrats aren't Christian, we don't mean to bash on liberals. We are simply making an observation. I wonder if (Senator Joe) Biden is familiar with his church's doctrine on abortion. Or homosexuality. Or any other issue! I wonder if he is aware that leaders of his church publicly said that voting for John Kerry is a sin that would require repentance. Either he doesn't agree with his religion, or he is ignorant of its teachings. That's not an opinion-that's a simple fact. When he says that he is a liberal Catholic, he is really saying that he is a hypocrite...

Go home, liberal wackos (10/11/05):

You're right, the war in Iraq is looking a lot like Vietnam. And now I'll tell you why.
During the Vietnam War and the conflict in Iraq, our enemies knew that they could not beat us militarily. Because of that, they tried to turn American support against the war. During both wars, the liberal wackos supported our enemies.

In both wars, the liberal wackos tied the hands of our soldiers so that they could not do their jobs. In both wars, the terrorists "over there" and the liberal wackos "over here" have the exact same goals and use the exact same strategies. Both the liberals and the members of al-Qaida would be thrilled if the United States pulled out now.

It should concern you that what you want to happen in Iraq is exactly what Osama Bin Laden wants to happen in Iraq. As for the ignorant idea that it is possible to support the troops and not the war: How can you say that you support them when you fight against the very thing for which they are fighting? When you try to destroy the very goal for which many of them have given their lives?

How can you say that you support them when you encourage the very people who are trying to kill them? You cannot say: "Dear Soldier, what you are fighting for is wrong. The people you are fighting against are not terrorists, but 'freedom fighters.' I hope you get killed because your death will make President Bush look bad and further my political agenda. Oh, by the way, I support you."

I can say this, though: Dear Liberals, please get out of our way and let us make the world a better place.

Liberals rape dogs (10/5/05):

...I would like to say that the message of my letter was not that men should stare at women's breasts, as you implied, but that women should not dress like sluts. Next time, read a little more carefully. When you refer to your "upbringing," I would like to say that I did not abandon what I was taught as a child, unlike you. I am amazed that the tone of your letter appeared to be an attempt at a moral lecture. You, Swift, are a liberal. That means that you have no moral values whatsoever. I don't need some Satan-worshipping liberal lecturing me about moral values. It is because of people like you that I can't even let my pet dog loose in the yard out of fear that some perverted liberal will to jump over the fence and rape him...

I don't think I've ever met a bigot in my life until now. Sure, there are people who believe being gay is wrong and I don't have a problem with those people. Most of those people have treated me with respect and we can agree to disagree. Yet this guy, Kellen Wilson, not only believes homosexuality is wrong, he thinks its a perversion and makes that view very apparent. It's one thing to disagree with something--its another to be mean and hateful.

At first, I wanted to go up to him and ask him if he really thinks I'm a pervert. I wanted to ask him if he really believes liberals rape gods. but then I thought of my favorite quote: See God in others. Now, I feel badly for the guy. He's ignoring Christ's teachings by being hateful and mean. While God loves me, I know Kellen Wilson doesn't, not even as a person.

I really want him to know I'm gay and see how much of a pervert I am not. I try to set a good example as a gay man to help convince people that gays aren't evil, perverted, or worthy of discrimination.

An opposite experience I had today was hearing Beth tell me about a discussion she and Sara Bridge had. Sara said that she doesn't believe that gays should be able to adopt, but also said, "But Jesse should be able to because he's great with kids." Having her see me at the orphanage changed a small part of her mind. Sure, there is a disconnect (Jesse can adopt but he's the only one), but eventually I think her opinion of gay people will change because of me. She's much more of a good example of the Mormon church than Kellen Wilson.

3 Comments:

At 3/20/2006 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hola!
Well, I don't know how I got here but when I started to read your posts I realize that you are going to a spanish school here in Mexico!; I didn't read everything but for some things I can say that you like it and I'm glad to hear it ja.
But I have a question, where is the school at wich you are going?, I have friends in Canada ( that I made in a trip similar as yours) that want to take a schoolar trip here in Mexico, and I don't know wich school to recomend; I live in Mexico City and a think your school is near by can you give me more info please?

Luck in your visit, and if I can help you in something ask ok?

PS: And I don't care if you are gay. Instead I would like a gay friend but I only have dumb boyfriends jaja

Perdona mi ingles pero hice el intento ok?
Espero tu respuesta aqui o en mi blog va?

Cynthia Mex DF

 
At 3/20/2006 4:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a closed minded jerk. Comparing us dog-rapers to the queers. All I'm saying is, dogs don't say no. But if you tried to get all gay with me, I would definitly say N-O. God created man to have dominion over the fowls of the air and the beats of the fields. Putting my penis into a dog's vagina is me simply upholding the divine will of my Lord. But I woulnd't do anything to a boy dog, that's homosexual. Another good point is that dogs are called Man's best friend. And who doesn't want a friend they can relax with, a friend who can help relieve the stress of a long day burning Mapplethorpe photos, a friend who doesn't mind when lil' Wilson needs a place to stay? I think this Kellen Wilson needs to meet a real dograper before he compares us to the liberal commie fags.

(And that's just off the top of my head)
(Could that be any more offensive?)

 
At 6/27/2006 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, it's me, the famous Kellen Wilson, aka "the bigot". I remember you telling me about blogs in Mexico, and I decided to check yours out.

I have to say, I'm a little disappointed, but not suprised, at all of the horrible things you have to say about me. I know you and your liberal buddies said a lot of bad things about me behind my back in Mexico, but I didn't realize that you thought I was a "fanatico" and a "bigot."

If you think that I am a bigot, then you need to read my letters again. I've mentioned that nobody should get preferential treatment because of the color of their skin, and for that I am called a bigot. I wrote that homosexuals should not be rewarded or encouraged for being perverts, and for that I am called a homophobe.

Homosexuality is, by definition, a sexual perversion. That makes homosexuals, by definition, perverts. You cannot deny that. If that fact upsets you, then you are upset with the dictionary, not with me.

I can understand you being upset with me. After all, I have proven that your lifestyle and your political beliefs are incorrect. However, I am really disappointed at the way you treated my wife while we were in Mexico. She didn't do anything to hurt you, and didn't deserve the way that you and your liberal buddies treated her.

She was very excited about the trip. We are relatively new to the Salt Lake area, and she hadn't yet made any friends here. She was hoping to make some friends in Mexico. Unfortunately, because you didn't agree with my political views, you decided to treat my precious wife like crap. She did not enjoy her time in Mexico, and she didn't make any friends, even though she tried.

You know, for all of the talk you liberals do about being open to others views, you sure are close-minded when people don't agree with you. Even then, if you don't agree with me, that is no reason to be so rude to my wife. She is perfect, and would have been a great friend if you would have given her a chance.

Three months in Mexico, and how many times did you say "hello" to my wife? Or even "hola"? Never. Same goes for all of your liberal buddies. I often saw her say hello to one of you, and you would ignore her. You would pretend that she didn't exist. All because her husband doesn't agree with your politics. That's not being very open-minded, Mr. liberal.

Why didn't you invite us to your Cinco de Mayo party? I love Mexican food!

I hope that in the future you will be more accepting of other's beliefs. I hope that you will treat people better. The damage to my beautiful wife has been done. I hope that you will not hurt anyone else in the same way.

-Kellen Wilson

 

Post a Comment

<< Home