Wednesday, June 21

My Emasculation

My friend Ashley (who I met at BYU) is coming to visit in August. She is going to be moving back here and I'm so excited! I haven't seen her in four years and I can't wait to see her, her kids, and spend more time with her. At BYU, we were inseparable and many people thought we were dating (which made us both laugh).

I asked Barbara, the woman at work who is in charge of time off, if I could get the week of August 7th off.

Barbara: Does Brian know about this?
Jesse: Huh? Why does that matter?
Barbara: Because he's the man and should know if you aren't working.
Jesse: No, he doesn't know because I haven't told him yet.
Barbara: Just like that other thing you haven't told him. I see how it is.
Jesse: Oh, c'mon. Can I have that time off?
Barbara: I need to speak to Brian first. I'll give it to you only if I have his permission. He needs to call me.

I thought it was really funny (even though I'm the more "powerful" one in the relationship--ask Titus!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home