Saturday, June 17

Titus can Poop!

Titus has a pooping problem.

He usually poops inside the house rather than outside where he is supposed to go. Whenever Brian and I walk downstairs, we've gotten into the habit of looking into both rooms to check for small droppings. When we do find them, we yell for Titus--he doesn't come though. He's hiding because he knows what he did was wrong.

It really annoys Brian, yet I'm glad he poops rather than pees in the house. I guess I'm just being optimistic.

I took Titus to Petsmart today to get a leash for him and browsed a potty-training book while I was in line. I think Brian and I may have contributed to Titus' pooping problem.

When a dog poops on the carpet, you should never yell, "No!" It teaches a dog that pooping is bad. If you instead say, "Outside!", it teaches the dog that pooping is an outdoor activity.

Brian and I always yelled, "No!" to Titus and that's probably why he doesn't poop outside when we take him out. From now on, we're going to work on saying "Outside!" instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home