Wednesday, June 21

Our Softball Team

In May, Brian and I signed up to play on a softball league. We haven't been going because we've both been really busy on the house and with Pride. Now that our schedules have freed up, we are able to finally go and have fun.

Honestly, I was really hesitant to go because I haven't played softball in years (besides that one time last year). I was nervous that I'd look like an idiot and be reminded of all those years that I played right field and played more with the grass than the ball. I didn't tell Brian how I was feeling cause I didn't want to seem weak.

When I got there, I met other members of my team. Again, self-doubt kicked in because these guys seemed like they knew what they were doing.

However, after my first swing at the bat, all those feelings disappeared. On my first swing, I made a pretty good hit that established that I wasn't a weenie. It felt really good to actually do well that I'm not traditionally good at. I had a great time, especially played catcher, a position that I've never played. It was fun because I was always doing something (as opposed to an outfielder where you stand there for awhile before you see any action).

The only teasing that I received was Megan, Brian, and Ellie teasing me because I throw like a girl. I disagree as I was focusing on my target and usually threw pretty well. There's one picture that shows how I throw, but I didn't put it here. If you want to find it, go to my flickr set from tonight.









All pictures here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home